All Natural Skin Care and Make Up Product in the UK
Posted on 06/06/20
Some say that the pandemic has done Mother Nature some good.... fresher air with less pollution from factories being shut and less vehicles being used. Even rivers and oceans have had a 'detox' from human and is crystal clear once more!
From a more personal experience, my mind have had a 'detox' from the hustle bustle of a very busy life before lockdown. And as I took a step back, I did the same with my skin care.... bare minimum and it has been the best 'detox' for my skin over the last 10 weeks. Occasional face masks and face cream was all I used. But now as we ease back to work, I started looking reviewing what I am putting on my face on a daily basis.
I remember a few years back as I hit 40, I started to look closely at the products that I have been using and realised that there were a lot of chemicals in it. Did some research and decided that I was going to consciously look for paraben free products.
Obviously being a frugal person, I wasn't going to throw all my products away... I decided that I will phase it out. That gave me time to research and slowly get the paraben free products I can afford.
What are parabens ?
Parabens are a type of preservative that are often used in cosmetics and makeup to prevent mould and bacteria from growing in them.There are lots of different parabens, but some of the most commonly used are propylparaben, methylparaben and butylparaben.If one or more of the ingredients in your makeup ends in ‘-paraben’, this means it contains parabens. Parabens are effective as preservatives, but they could have several negative effects on human health.The most concerning thing about parabens is that they have been linked to breast cancer as they mimic the hormone oestrogen and having high levels of oestrogen could increase the risk of developing breast cancer.
So, I now challenge you to look at the ingredients at the back of your skin care or make up products. What have you been putting on your skin? Perhaps it's time to phase out from your old products to some paraben free ones.
Top 8 skin care and make product brands in the UK
Here's a list ( although not exhaustive) of some skin care and make up products that are paraben free. Just choose what suits your budget and taste and let Forwardvia do the rest for you. You can shop or we can shop for you or help deliver to you anywhere in the world.
1) Neal's Yard London a UK-based company that sells cosmetics, skin care products, and essential oils. The company was founded in 1981 in Covent Garden, London.
2) Bare Minerals believe
in keeping potentially questionable ingredients off your skin and out
of the environment. They are full of clean, natural and
good-from-the-earth ingredients. Free of harsh chemicals and unnecessary
additives. And every product is tested and proven for performance.
3) Odylique The Essential Care (renamed Odylique – which means ‘power of nature’) was launched by Margaret,her daughter Abi and husband Colin in 2003. Odylique, formulated by Margaret, is hand-made in Suffolk – not outsourced to a factory. This is quite unusual in skincare manufacturing and it ensures you the highest level of product quality and freshness.
5) Aveeno Whatever your skin type, their range of products are formulated with naturally derived oat ingredients to help rebalance, replenish and protect your skin every day.
6) CoverFX Long before"clean" became mainstream, CoverFx have been creating makeup and skincare with good-for-you ingredients like soothing green tea leaves and antioxidant-rich algae. Products are free of talc, parabens, fragrance, mineral oil, gluten and sulfates.
7) Green People - has always created natural, paraben-free products. They only use gentle, safe preservatives that are approved for use by organic certification bodies such as The Soil Association, Organic Food Federation (under their Non-Food Certification Company scheme) and EcoCert.
8) Naturisimo Founded in 2008, Naturisimo has been championing clean beauty and lifestyle products for over 10 years.
Go on, be kind to your skin.
Top things to buy and enjoy during "Lockdown Summer"← Prev article
Ways To Get Musical Instruments and Sound Systems From the UKNext article →
Create your free UK postal address
Shop at any UK online stores and let Forwardvia handle your international deliveryGet Started