Shipping Insurance Terms
ForwardVia Shipping Insurance Terms
1. FowardVia Shipping Insurance is oﬀered by us to cover both the cost of shipment and damages to outgoing shipments due to loss or damage from external causes during shipment. The fee for the service we provided is strictly non-refundable.
2. Extended Shipping insurance is optional and it is your responsibility to insure the Goods for shipping from the UK Delivery Address to your Shipment Address. It is always recommended to insure your Goods to its full value, if available.
3. Shipping insurance cover is not available for shipping services without tracking. Shipping insurance does not cover Goods that are prohibited and prohibited for importation into destination country. Shipping insurance is also not available for certain Restricted goods with limited liability as stated below. We may, solely at our discretion consider goods (not listed below) sent to us in poorly packed condition as restricted goods with no damage cover included with the shipment.
|Item||Conditions||Loss liability cover||Damage liability cover|
|Articles of exceptional value – i.e. Works of art, Antiques||Up to £500 to EU, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan shipped using Couriers only||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
|Autoparts||Must be flushed through and not contain oil. No airbags, pressurised components||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
|Liquids of any variety, including make-up such as mascara and lip gloss, shower gel, lotions and creams||N/A||Yes||Not covered|
|Any used or second hand goods or goods that are deemed as "not working" on arrival||N/A||Yes||Not covered|
|"Breakable" plastic items||N/A||Yes||Not covered|
|Discs, Tapes, memory Cards||N/A||Yes||Not covered|
|Glass, Mirror, Ceramic, Marble, Pottery, Resin or similar items||N/A||Yes||Not covered|
|Any food items||N/A||Not covered||Not covered|
|Jewellery, Costume Jewellery, Watches & objects constructed of precious metal and/or stones||Up to £500 to EU, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan shipped using Couriers only||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
|Electrical items and white goods for example but not exclusively: Televisions, Laptops, Computers, Monitors, Mobile Telephones, Computer Chips, CPUs, Circuit Boards||If shipped by Courier only i.e. DHL, UPS. Maximum of 2 batteries per shipment. Dry cell only. No shipment to Russia allowed.||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
4. Depending on the Carrier or shipping services, for tracked shipping we include £50 of Standard insurance cover on the shipping cost you paid us and eligible items at no charge. £50 is the maximum payable from us to you, if no additional shipping insurance cover was purchased or not available.
5. Extended insurance coverage is available for shipping using Courier at a cost of £10 for the first £150 of cover, thereafter £5 per £100 unit of insured value. This rate is not prorated for partial units of £100
6. For Royal Mail with tracking, £50 standard insurance cover is included at no charge. Extended Insurance cover is not available
7. For 2-legged Landmark BPost, £50 standard insurance cover is included at no charge. Extended Insurance cover is not available
8. Shipping insurance coverage using Courier including DHL, DPD, UPS is limited to a total value of £1,000.00 per parcel or per multi-parcel shipment.
9. Summary of cover:
|Carrier||Standard Insurance cover (cover included)||Optional Extended insurance cover (£5/£100 unit of cover)|
|Royal Mail Economy without tracking||No cover||Not available|
|Royal Mail with tracking||£50||Not available|
|Landmark Bpost||£50||Not available|
|DHL, UPS, DPD||£50||Max £1000|
10. If you elect to purchase Extended ForwardVia Shipping Insurance, you must insure the entire declared value of your parcel and shipping cost or up to the maximum shipping insurance available for the selected Carrier.
11. ForwardVia insured values cannot exceed the actual value of the items. Values on your customs declaration are used to determine the ForwardVia insured value.
12. In cases of lost or missing parcels, claims must be submitted to our ForwardVia Support or by emailling firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 days from the date of shipment, failing which we will have no liability to you whatsoever. You will be required to cooperate fully with us, and any person appointed by us or the Courier, in respect of the claim.
13. In case of damage to items in a delivered parcel, or loss of individual items within a delivered parcel, claims must be submitted to our ForwardVia Support within 3 calendar days of delivery. After 3 days, we are unable to process any damage claim, and we will have no liability to you whatsoever.
- 13.1 You will be responsible for providing photographic evidence of damaged items, and any other documentation we may request to substantiate the claim. The photo evidence must also include every angle of the outer cartons. Keep the contents and the packaging with you, as it may be needed for investigation.
- 13.2 In case of loss of an individual item within a package, parcels must be opened in the presence of the delivery agent and an oﬃcial complaint must be ﬁled with the delivery carrier. Evidence of this ﬁling must be provided to us to substantiate your claim.
14. ForwardVia Shipping Insurance covers only damage or loss occurring in transit, after a parcel leaves our warehouse. Damage occurring prior to shipment or prior to receipt in our warehouse is not covered.
15. ForwardVia Shipping Insurance does NOT cover ﬁnancial damages arising from any of the following circumstances:
- 15.1 Delay, loss or non-delivery due to the actions of any government authority, including customs and border protection authorities.
- 15.2 Damages arising from a loss of market value, decay, or defects in the product itself.
- 15.3 Incidental or cosmetic damage to product packaging, when the item itself is undamaged.
- 15.4 Claims for reimbursement of postage fees for delivery delays, whatever the cause.
- 15.5 Leakage or damages caused to the package or items by leakage of another product
16. The following conditions, if applicable, render ForwardVia Shipping Insurance void:
- 16.1 Any items in the parcel were shipped in violation of our shipping terms, including prohibited items or items details or value inaccurately declared.
- 16.2 Loss, damage, shortage or non-arrival of parcel is due to the parcel being insuﬃciently addressed for delivery.
- 16.3 Loss, damage, shortage or non-arrival of parcel is due to the parcel containing items which were not properly disclosed, including but not limited to: lithium-ion batteries, perfume, or any prohibited items.
- 16.4 Delivery is attempted by the carrier.
- 16.5 Loss, damage, shortage or non-arrival due to an act of war or war-like actions.
- 16.6 You initiate a payment dispute or chargeback action against prior payments made to us.
- 16.7 Contents within your shipment contain any Prohibited Goods and with limited liability stated as Restricted Goods.
17. Claims are paid out into your PayPal account. Once you accepted the claims and payment has been made, the case is considered close.