Restricted and Prohibited Goods
Prohibited Goods can't be shipped. Restricted Goods can be shipped, but with limited liability cover
ForwardVia UK Package Forwarding Conditions
Prohibited items are goods that cannot be shipped in under any circumstances. There are restricted items that can ship but with limited liability. Below are not exhaustive list but it shows the common prohibited and restricted goods. We reserve the right to not ship goods we deem to be not allowed, we may suspend your account and reject, return to sender or dispose prohibited goods without prior notice. Please note: we check packages arriving at our Warehouse.
We can only forward parcels, not letters. You are not allowed to use our address for application of any kind of services, use it for financial and official related matters.
The items listed below cannot be sent to any countries and the list is not exhaustive. There may be exception, see the list below. Please check with your local import law for further details as to what the restrictions and prohibited items are. It is your responsibility to ensure that the items can be shipped to your country.
The following cannot be sent to any countries. There may be exception for certain goods (classified as dangerous goods, please see below.:
- Alcoholic beverages (to certain countries only, contact firstname.lastname@example.org before ordering)
- Animals, Animal Products, Animal Skins, Animal Fur, Animal Parts, Live Animals
- Battery - standalone or loose batteries e.g. laptop batteries, power bank are not allowed. Battery installed inside the device and batteries packed with device, up to 100 Whr can be shipped to certain countries with additional surcharge, see dangerous goods. Shipping using couriers only.
- Cash & Travellers Cheques, gift cards
- Clinical and medical waste including biological samples
- Cosmetics not allowed to Spain, Portugal, Romania, Malta, Italy, Greece, Croatia and any other countries that do not allow importation of such goods
- Counterfeit currency, bank notes and postage stamps
- Counterfeit goods
- Credit, Debit, Bank Cards and any financial related letters or applications
- Drugs – including all over-the-counter, prescription or non-prescription and legal drugs as well as illegal drugs / narcotics, legal or illegal highs
- Dual-use items - items which we consider as dual use that may be used for both civilian and military purposes
- Environmental Waste
- Explosives and ammunition
- Flammable liquids, solids or spray in any form this includes, but is not limited to, perfume, nail varnish, toner, hand sanitiser - Can be shipped to certain countries with additional surcharge, see dangerous goods
- Foods that are restricted for import into the destination country. No food product and certain drinks to EU countries
- Goods, the carriage of which is prohibited by law in the country of origin, transit or destination
- Goods purchased using 'buy now pay later' arrangement
- Illegal goods (these are goods which are considered illegal in the origin, the transit points and/or the destination)
- Indecent, obscene or offensive material
- Infectious Substances
- Letters or mails related to application of any kind of services
- Lighters fill or unfilled
- Living creatures, living plants, roots or organisms, for example, but not limited to, seeds, yeast
- Lottery tickets
- Medical devices and accessories, unless you have a export permit and receiver has a import permit
- Medicines or any form of medication either prescriptive or non-prescriptive medications
- Military related goods and accessories
- Mobile phone SIM card
- Official documents or financial related materials e.g. Passport, Driving license, Certificate of Incorporation, any financial document or letters, financial security device and any financial related materials etc.
- Perishable food including frozen food
- Poisonous (toxic) and infectious substances
- Pressurised container and devices in any form this includes, but is not limited to, aerosol, hair spray/foam, shaving gel/foam - Can be shipped to certain countries with additional surcharge, see dangerous goods
- Radioactive materials
- Real or imitation firearms or toys resembling firearms, parts thereof
- Tobacco and nicotine related products including e-cigarettes and vape product
- Unidentified substances or items that in our opinion could be any of the other items on this list
If Prohibited Goods are sent to us, we will deal with them as we see fit which may include disposal (and will charge you for any costs and expenses we incur); and you will indemnify us and keep us and our employees, sub-contractors and agents indemnified against any and all resulting losses, damage and/or injuries.
Restricted Goods can be shipped with limited liability. The following items are restricted goods and have limited Standard and Extended Shipping Insurance liability cover. If it is not covered, you are shipping entirely at your own risk, understanding that there is no compensation for loss, damage or non-delivery. We may, solely at our discretion consider goods (not listed below) sent to us in poorly packed condition as restricted goods with no damage cover included with the shipment.
|Item||Conditions||Loss liability cover||Damage liability cover|
|Articles of exceptional value – i.e. Works of art, Antiques||Up to £500 to EU, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan shipped using Couriers only||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
|Autoparts||Must be flushed through and not contain oil. No airbags||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
|Liquids of any variety for example but not exclusively: make-up such as mascara and lip gloss, shower gel, lotions and creams||N/A||Yes||Not covered|
|Any used or second hand goods or goods that are deemed as "not working" on arrival||N/A||Yes||Not covered|
|Glass, Mirror, Ceramic, Marble, Pottery, Resin or similar items||N/A||Yes||Not covered|
|Any food items including ingredients for making alcoholic beverages||N/A||Not covered||Not covered|
|Jewellery, Costume Jewellery, Watches & objects constructed of precious metal and/or stones||Up to £500 to EU, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan shipped using Couriers only||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
|Electrical and electronic items for example but not exclusively: White goods, Televisions, Laptops, Computers, Monitors, Mobile Telephones, Computer Chips, CPUs, Game console, Circuit Boards||If shipped by Courier only i.e. DHL. Dry cell only.||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
|Any goods deemed as restricted by us not listed above||Ship at your own risk. No refund/compensation for loss, non-delivery, or damages for any reason||Not covered||Not covered|
Ready to shop the UK?
Sign up free now to get your UK address instantlyRegister free