Restricted and Prohibited Goods
Prohibited Goods can't be shipped. Restricted Goods can be shipped, but with limited liability cover
ForwardVia UK Package Forwarding Conditions
Prohibited items are goods that cannot be shipped in under any circumstances. There are restricted items that can ship but with limited liability. Below are not exhaustive list but it shows the common prohibited and restricted goods. We reserve the right to not ship goods we deem to be not allowed, we may suspend your account and reject, return to sender or dispose prohibited goods without prior notice. Please note: we check packages arriving at our Warehouse.
We can only forward parcels, not letters. You are not allowed to use our address for application of any kind of services, use it for financial and official related matters.
The items listed below cannot be sent to any countries and the list is not exhaustive. Please check with your local import law for further details as to what the restrictions and prohibited items are. It is your responsibility to ensure that the items can be shipped to your country.
The following cannot be sent to any countries:
- Alcoholic beverages (to certain countries)
- Animals, Animal Products, Animal Skins, Animal Fur, Animal Parts, Live Animals
- Batteries – loose batteries i.e. laptop batteries, power bank
- Cash & Travellers Cheques
- Clinical and medical waste including biological samples
- Counterfeit currency, bank notes and postage stamps
- Counterfeit goods
- Credit, Debit, Bank Cards and any financial related letters or applications
- Drugs – including all over-the-counter, prescription or non-prescription and legal drugs as well as illegal drugs / narcotics, legal or illegal highs
- Environmental Waste
- Explosives and ammunition
- Flammable liquids, solids or spray in any form this includes, but is not limited to, perfume, nail varnish, toner, hand sanitiser and others
- Foods that are restricted for import into the destination country
- Goods, the carriage of which is prohibited by law in the country of origin, transit or destination
- Illegal goods (these are goods which are considered illegal in the origin, the transit points and/or the destination)
- Indecent, obscene or offensive material
- Infectious Substances
- Letters or mails related to application of any kind of services
- Living creatures, living plants, roots or organisms, for example seeds, yeast
- Lottery tickets
- Medicines or any form of medication either prescriptive or non-prescriptive medications
- Military related goods and accessories
- Mobile phone SIM card
- Official documents or financial related materials e.g. Passport, Driving license, Certificate of Incorporation, any financial document or letters, financial security device and any financial related materials etc.
- Perishable food including frozen food
- Poisonous (toxic) and infectious substances
- Pressurised container and devices in any form this includes, but is not limited to, aerosol, hair spray/foam, shaving gel/foam
- Radioactive materials
- Real or imitation firearms, parts thereof
- Tobacco and nicotine related products including e-cigarettes
- Unidentified substances or items that in our opinion could be any of the other items on this list
If Prohibited Goods are sent to us, we will deal with them as we see fit which may include disposal (and will charge you for any costs and expenses we incur); and you will indemnify us and keep us and our employees, sub-contractors and agents indemnified against any and all resulting losses, damage and/or injuries.
Restricted Goods can be shipped with limited liability. As a condition to accepting Restricted Goods we may require an additional payment from you. The following items are restricted goods and have limited Standard and Extended Shipping Insurance liability cover. If it is not covered, you are shipping entirely at your own risk, understanding that there is no compensation for loss, damage or non-delivery. We may, solely at our discretion consider goods (not listed below) sent to us in poorly packed condition as restricted goods with no damage cover included with the shipment.
|Item||Conditions||Loss liability cover||Damage liability cover|
|Articles of exceptional value – i.e. Works of art, Antiques||Up to £500 to EU, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan shipped using Couriers only||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
|Autoparts||Must be flushed through and not contain oil. No airbags||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
|Liquids of any variety, including make-up such as mascara and lip gloss, shower gel, lotions and creams||N/A||Yes||Not covered|
|Any used or second hand goods or goods that are deemed as "not working" on arrival||N/A||Yes||Not covered|
|"Breakable" plastic items||N/A||Yes||Not covered|
|Discs, Tapes, memory Cards||N/A||Yes||Not covered|
|Glass, Mirror, Ceramic, Marble, Pottery, Resin or similar items||N/A||Yes||Not covered|
|Any food items||N/A||Not covered||Not covered|
|Jewellery, Costume Jewellery, Watches & objects constructed of precious metal and/or stones||Up to £500 to EU, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Japan shipped using Couriers only||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
|Electrical items and white goods for example but not exclusively: Televisions, Laptops, Computers, Monitors, Mobile Telephones, Computer Chips, CPUs, Circuit Boards||If shipped by Courier only i.e. DHL, UPS. Maximum of 2 batteries per shipment. Dry cell only. No shipment to Russia allowed.||Yes, subject to conditions||Not covered|
Ready to shop the UK?
Sign up free now to get your UK address instantlyRegister free