The information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e‑mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our services, purchase our services on our site and when you report a problem with our site or the Services, when requesting any information from us, subscribing to our newsletter, posting material or requesting further services or if you enter any competition or promotion that we sponsored. The information you give us may include your name, address, e‑mail address, and phone number.
- In circumstances where we require to do verification when you register with us and for fraud prevention, we will need you to provide us additional information and document through our website or by email. The information and document you give us may include your government issued documents, copy of your credit card with sensitive information omitted, purchase receipt, personal document to proof your residential or business address, which may include, but not limited to, utility bills, credit card and bank statements with sensitive information omitted, and for business customer, your company related information.
Information we collect about you
- We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report usage information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Information we receive from other sources
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
The data that we collect from you is processed by employee who work either for us or one of our group companies or for one of our service providers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
We may collect information about your computer, operating system and browser type and we may collect information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small text files that contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to our site.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us and, to fulfill your orders, we may pass on information held about you to our sub-contractors, including delivery service providers. Depending upon the requirements of your individual order, such third parties may be based and/or operate outside the EEA
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- carry out checks for fraud prevention.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including data analysis, troubleshooting, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources:
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above
How we process and store your information
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is ForwardVia.
The data that we collect from you is processed by staff who work either for us or one of our group companies or for one of our service providers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details, the provision of support services, verification and fraud prevention checks. Document provided for fraud prevention check will be deleted from our system within 72 hours from receipt.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain features or parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You must not share the password with anyone.
When you proceed to the Checkout data relating to your order and your personal details will all pass to our server in an encrypted format. As an additional protection for you, our system is designed so that when using our website you are always safely within secure mode (https).
All payment transactions will be processed on our behalf by one of our payment providers such as PayPal and Stripe. This means that your credit/debit card details are provided directly to your choice of payment provider and are never revealed to us. We do not store any of your financial details such as credit card numbers. Our payment providers operate a secure server to process your payment details. The payment provider encrypts your credit/debit card information and authorises payment.
We recommend that you do not communicate your payment card details to anyone, including us, by email. If we request you to provide your credit card details for any reason, we always ask you to omit sensitive data. We cannot be responsible for any losses you may incur in transmitting information to us by internet link or by email. Any such loss shall be entirely your responsibility.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Remember to close your browser when you have finished your user session. This will help to ensure that others do not access your personal information if you share your computer or use a computer in a public places such as a library or internet café.
If you have any queries about security, please email us at: email@example.com
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Forwardvia Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of ForwardVia, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or un-checking (as directed) certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org on any marketing emails we send you. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at ForwardVia 10 Frobisher Gardens, Southampton SO19 8RN United Kingdom or email@example.com.
If you fail to provide personal data, where we need to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
ForwardVia.com, from time to time, contain hyperlinks to and from internet sites operated by other organisations. If you follow a hyperlink to any of these sites, please note that they will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to such sites.
Access to your information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee not exceeding £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.