ForwardVia Ship Perfume and Other Dangerous Goods Internationally
You can now shop perfume, batteries and other goods in the UK classifed as dangerous goods using ForwardVia's address, and we ship worldwide to your door stepContact Us and Ship
ForwardVia offer international parcel forwarding and reshipping services from the UK to countries worldwide. You can sign up free to get a UK address and shop perfume, batteries, hair spray and other goods in the UK.
ForwardVia receive the perfume and other dangerous goods for you and we ship internationally to your door step. ForwardVia send perfume, batteries, nail varnish, body and hair spray and other goods classified as dangerous goods from the UK. Shipping dangerous goods are not allowed to certain countries, simply contact us and we will let you know whether it can be shipped.
Many cannot ship perfume and other dangerous goods internationally, what is dangerous goods?
Dangerous goods or hazardous materials may be pure chemicals, mixtures of substances, manufactured products, which can pose a risk to people, animals or the environment if not properly handled in use or in transport.
Many different type of goods which we encounter on a daily basis can be hazardous to our health if we come into contact with them too often or for too long. There are also substances and materials which are dangerous for transport which present obvious risks.
The transport of dangerous goods is regulated in order to prevent, as far as possible, accidents involving people or property, damage to the
environment, to the means of transport employed or to other goods being transported. For more information about shipping dangerous goods by air click here and by road please click here.
There are nine classes of dangerous goods, and knowing which one your item falls under will give us a clearer picture of how to pack, label and transport it. ForwardVia is accredited to handle and ship perfume and most common consumer dangerous goods.
You can ship perfume, what are other dangerous goods can you ship?
These are some of the common dangerous goods we ship. Please email us to check if our courier can service your country.
Flammable and non-flammable gas — Spray paints, body and hair spray, aerosol furniture polish, aerosol deodorants
Flammable liquids — Perfume, advent calendar with perfume, fragrance oil, alcohol over 70%, Nail Polish Remover, Nail Polish, Non water based paint.
Flammable solids — Cleaning wipes, nail varnish remover wipes
Corrosive — Oven cleaners, paint removers, bleach, sealants, fillers, hair dyes containing peroxides
Miscellaneous — Lithium batteries packed with equipment, more than 2 devices containing batteries within a package, airbags (steering wheels), life jackets. No standalone battery e.g. battery pack, car battery, laptop battery etcs.
What are the charges to ship perfume and other dangerous goods?
Dangerous goods can be shipped using DHL only. The total cost depends on the type of dangerous goods, volume/weight and shipping destination. The total cost to pay for shipping dangerous goods are as shown below. Simply add 1 + 2 + 3:
1. Shipping cost — Use our shipping calculator to check prices. Shipping via DHL only. Shipping cost exclude local custom charge (import tax and duty)
2. Repackaging fee — Repacking to meet shipping dangerous goods rules is compulsory and it starts from £7.50 for first kg (£15 for first kg shipping by air), subsequent kg is chargeable at £1/kg
3. Courier surcharges — This is chargeable by courier for processing and handling of dangerous goods starts from £10 depending on the type of dangerous goods
- For Dangerous goods in Excepted quantities by air, for example perfume volume of up to 30 ml is £10 per carton. It can be multiple bottles per carton up to certain weight. Excepted quantities available to certain countries only
- Perfume over 30 ml shipped under ID8000 it is £59 per carton. It can be multiple bottles per carton up to certain weight.
- For Dangerous goods in limited quantities by road to European Union countries, the courier surcharge is £25 per carton
- For full IATA Dangerous Goods by air meeting ADR LQ limit the courier surcharge is £85 per carton
- For lit-ion batteries installed inside device or packed with device, the maximum battery capacity must be no more than 100 Whr. The courier surcharge starts from £10. No standalone battery e.g. battery pack, car battery, laptop battery etcs, as these are not allowed.
How do you pack perfume and other dangerous goods for international shipping?
Each type of substance or item is given a unique United Nations (UN) identification number, and all dangerous goods are categorised in accordance with globally recognised standards. For example, perfume is classed as flammable liquid, Class 3, and has UN number 1266. When shipping perfume internationally, it is compulsory to pack it securely according to the latest IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
The requirements for packagings when shipping perfume internationally is dependant on the liquid volume, the type of inner packaging for example, the perfume bottle and the total volume or weight.
In general here are the general guide using perfume as an example
- Perfume packaging must be well constructed. The perfume bottle for consumer use typically made of glass and its closures must be of good quality and does not react with the liquid
- Closure for the perfume bottle must be sufficiently tight to withstand effects of temperature and vibration occurring in normal conditions of transport
- Place the perfume bottles in leakproof liner, if the bottles do not have retail boxes
- The perfume bottle must be packed in strong cardboard box that has been tested and pass the requirements stated in the regulations.
How can I start shipping perfume and other dangerous goods internationally?
1. Contact us at email@example.com and provide us the item details (including Safety Data Sheet, if available), quantity, weight/volume and shipping city and country
2. If we can ship it, you can either sign up to get our UK address or we will provide you our UK address
3. Shop using Your UK Address provided or send us the Dangerous Goods
4. Wait for delivery. You will get notification once we receive and log your Package from the Store
5. We contact you and invoice for you to make payment
6. We arrange international shipment and ship perfume or the dangerous goods to you
Countries we can ship perfume to
See below for the countries we can ship perfume, nail varnish, aerosol and other consumer commodities to. There are volume and weight limits to each country. For other dangerous goods, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The list below is subject to change. Contact us before you proceed.
|Bosnia & Herzegovina
|Denmark (certain areas only)
|Indonesia (certain areas only)
|Trinidad & Tobago
|United Arab Emirates
More FAQ on shipping perfume and other dangerous internationally by mail or courier
Can I mail or ship perfume domestically and internationally using ForwardVia?
–> Yes. For international destinations, just ask and we will check if it can be shipped there
Can you ship single or multiple bottles of perfume from the UK to international destinations?
–> Yes, we can ship single bottle or multiple bottles
Can you ship perfume by road and air?
–> Yes, we can ship by road and air to certain European countries. For outside EU, we can ship by air only
Are there additional charge for shipping perfume internationally?
–> On top of the shipping cost, there will be courier surcharge and repacking fee for each shipment. Local custom tax is payable by receiver, if applicable
What courier can you ship perfume internationally?
–> We are certified to ship using DHL only. No perfume shipping to international destination using Royal Mail or other couriers
I manufacture or sell perfumes, can you send it to my residential or business customers abroad?
–> We provide international shipping of perfume to residential for personal use and businesses for commercial purpose
Does shipping insurance cover when shipping perfume internationally?
–> Shipping insurance only covers if it is lost in transit, not damages
What if I already ordered perfume to ForwardVia and shipping it internationally cost too much?
–> No worries, we provide you option to return it to store/sender or simply have it disposed of
Why is it so expensive to send perfume and other dangerous goods to international destinations?
–> Shipping dangerous goods are regulated and involved additional processing time and handling requirements. Therefore, the courier charges extra for shipping it. Due to the packing requirement, we charge extra to repack it to meet the regulation prior to shipping it.
Get ready to ship perfume internationally from the UK directly to worldwide destinations
Simply sign up for free to get your UK address and start shippingSign Up FREE