Best Way to Track Forwarded Packages Right up to Delivery
Posted on 12/06/21
After a parcel is shipped, tracking number which is unique to your package and website link to the tracking information are usually provided by Courier. Looking at the tracking information can be confusing. For example, DHL tracking shows ‘forwarded for delivery’ or simply ‘forwarded’, or 'with delivery courier' what does it mean?
How does tracking of a forwarded package works?
Each package either from retailers, or from forwarding company has a shipping label with shipping address details, sender’s address details and courier’s unique tracking number. Tracking a parcel involves a process of constantly localising packages and containers at different times and different locations by courier who handles it. Each courier company has its own parcel tracking system that helps them deliver the package to the destination within the required time frame.
What is the meaning of tracking status, for example forwarded for delivery?
Each courier has its own tracking system and the statuses largely the same, but not standardised. Here are some of the common tracking notifications you might see.
Forwarded package tracking notifications with DHL Express
- Shipment pickup – package pickup by DHL delivery driver
- Processed at local warehouse – sorting and processing of package getting it ready for shipping
- Departed from local warehouse to departure airport – packages are consolidated and loaded up onto plane
- Custom status updated – this is an indication of the clearance processing from the destination
- Arrived at destination warehouse – packages arrive at destination
- Clearance processing complete – the shipment of the package has been released from the Customs and now is ready to be forwarded ahead to the delivery partner for delivery
- Departed from central warehouse to local warehouse – packages arrive at local warehouse and sorted according to local destination
- Forwarded for delivery - great news, your package is with delivery courier will shortly be delivered once you see this notification
Forwarded package tracking notifications with UPS
- Pickup Scan - package pickup by UPS delivery driver
- Warehouse scan - sorting and processing of package getting it ready for shipping
- Departed from Facility, arrived at facility and export scan - packages are consolidated and loaded up onto plane ready for shipping to destination
- Arrived at Facility, departed from facility and import scan - packages arrive at destination at central sorting facility
- Your package is pending release from a government agency – the package is going through custom clearance
- Your package is at the UPS distribution facility - packages arrive at local warehouse and sorted according to local destination, soon will be with delivery courier
Forwarded package tracking notifications with FedEx
- Picked up - package pickup by FedEx delivery driver
- Left FedEx origin facility - package sorted, consolidated and left the local depot heading to their main depot or airport ready to leave the country
- In transit - packages are loaded up onto plane ready for shipping to destination
- International shipment release - arrived at destination country and released from custom
- At destination sort facility – the package is sorted according to warehouse at local destination
- At local FedEx facility - arrived at local warehouse and sorted according to local areas
- On FedEx vehicle for delivery - excellent news, it is with delivery courier due for delivery on the day
What is the best way to track a forwarded package?
The best way to track a forwarded package is via the courier’s website. Alternatively, there are third party websites available. Here are the website links to track forwarded packages.
- DHL Express – Forwarded package tracking using DHL website https://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking.html
- USPS – track packages using USPS website https://tools.usps.com/go/Trac...
- UPS – Forward package can be tracked using this link here https://www.ups.com/track?loc=en_GB&requester=ST/
- DPD – this is the courier service to Europe and best tracked using their website here https://www.dpd.co.uk/service/
- Landmark Global – Landmark is a 2-legged service provided by ForwardVia, where packages are collected by DHL Express and deliver to Landmark’s warehouse for onward shipping. Track Landmark’s shipment here: https://track.landmarkglobal.com/
- Royal Mail – This is a national post, where forwarded packages are processed by Royal Mail in the UK for onward shipping to destination. Once it arrives at destination, it will be handed over to local post for processing. It typically ends with GB and track forwarded packages here: https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item
- EMS - package sent Express Mail Service, EMS can be tracked using local post or use https://www.ems.post/en/global...
- UPU Global Track and Trace - this is useful for tracking shipment sent through local postal network http://globaltracktrace.ptc.po...
Third party tracking websites:
What is a local courier facility?← Prev article
100 GIFT IDEAS FOR FATHER'S DAY FORWARDED TO YOUNext article →
Create your free UK postal address
Shop at any UK online stores and let Forwardvia handle your international deliveryGet Started