What is Athleisure Wear?
Posted on 14/03/20
What's the meaning of Athleisure?
In simple summation = Athletic + Leisure
According to Merriam-Webster, Athleisure definition is casual clothing designed to be worn both for exercising and for general use. Anyone who likes to wear athletic wear for casual and daily wear primarily has adopted the trend. According to Wikipedia definition, Athleisure is a manufactured style of clothing known as hybrid clothing is frequently worn during sports activities and in other places, such as the office, school, or other casual or social gatherings.
Casual clothing meant comfortable clothing, and there was nothing more comfortable than activewear. Well known athletic brands started to become more athleisure wear brands. A new market began to emerge where active clothing can swiftly be turned into casual and leisurewear clothing.
I’m sure we’re all guilty of wearing leggings and a sports top when casually lounging around the house. However, this raises the question on whether sportswear should be worn as an everyday outfit. In my opinion, if its comfy it’s a go ahead for me. The amount of people who wear leggings out even when exercise is not part of the plan is increasing. Sure, sportswear is all about comfort, but is there a certain extent we should stop at when it comes to everyday wear? Either way, I’m sat here typing out this blog in joggers and a sweatshirt, and I’m comfy as ever.
Type of athleisure outfits
There are a number of different type of athleisure outfits you can choose. Athleisure outfits are becoming a norm with many major brands and retailers manufacturing and stocking them. Let's have a look at the type of athleisure outfits available on the market.
The distinction between an athletic shoe and a casual shoe is becoming increasingly fuzzy as athleisure dominates the runway. Athleisure Shoes is a crossover style where you can wear it to the gym or for a run, and at the same time, the same pair of shoes can be casually worn at a party, and even can be worn at workplace.
- 1. An iconic member of the Air Jordan 1 family is the Air Jordan 1 Mid in Black, Fire Red, and White. This mid-cut cushioned full-grain leather pleasure, which drew inspiration from the groundbreaking Jordan 1 from 1985, is supported by a solid rubber cupsole with a circular traction pattern. Making a statement with your outfit is easy thanks to the striking red Swoosh on the side panel and the bold red toe box, both of which are designed to stick out.
- 2. Adidas Originals Pink, Brown, and White Gazelle Trainers. The iconic gazelle, which first appeared in 1968, has never looked better. with a premium suede upper, textured heel, toe shell, and outsole.
- 3. Mojave Desert Vans Women's SK8-Hi Stackform Trainers. These incredible shoes, made of buttery soft suede, update Vans' deconstructed high top style with a broader chunky spin on the platform subgenre. This platform shoe elevates a storied favourite while also providing something fresh with a sidewall height of 34mm.
Athleisure for men
This selection is for all the men out there who can't get enough athletic clothing and athleisure, whether they work out daily at the gym or are just active at home. Take a look at the 3 athleisure must-haves outfits for men listed below, which range from performance athletic clothing to joggers that are so comfortable you'll want to wear them every day.
- 1. Monterrain Speed Poly Fleece Jogger in Grey and Black. Adjustable drawstring waistband with rib cuffs, secure zip pockets and Monterrain
logo above knee. Outdoors and casual for all day wear.
- 2. Dark Slate Calvin Klein Performance Essentials Windrunner Jacket. An outer layer made of a lightweight, durable fabric that is built for performance wear is the perfect layer for outdoor activities. This technical stretch blend wind jacket offers pockets, an elasticized hem and cuffs, a full zip front closing, and practical styling.
- 3. Grey and silver Montirex Fly Short. A lightweight, quick-drying polyester fabric and reflective print accents throughout lend a unique style to this functional sportswear that can also be worn in a casual situation. Complete with side pockets and an elasticized waistline for a customised fit.
Athleisure for women
The collection of women's athleisure attire is sure to satisfy all of your fashion needs, whether you frequently work out at the gym or like that easy sporty-chic style. Let's look at the selection of activewear that will help you transition smoothly from the gym to playtime.
- 1. Faye Ribbed Seamless Long Sleeve Halter Top in Pepper Green from Forena. Made from ribbed, elastic fabric that avoids uncomfortable seams for chafe-free wear so you can just go about your business in chic comfort.
- 2. Women's Harlow PU Leggings by Forena X Anastasia Kingsnorth in Black. These sleek and attractive PU leggings, part of an exciting collaboration with beauty, fashion, and lifestyle sensation Anastasia Kingsnorth, have a show-stopping look that will make any ensemble sparkle. The edgy faux leather material's endlessly adaptable features include a front pintuck design, a high elastic waistband, and a lengthy length. Any appearance will suit the simple, contemporary style.
- 3. Light Stone Nina Mesh Crop Quarter Zip Racer Tank Top from Forena for women. Thanks to Forena and their exquisite new Nina line, working out and/or going to the gym has never looked so wonderful. The sleeveless shape allows for improved, free movement, and it has a quarter zip closure at the neck and a pleasing cropped length. Thanks to the thoughtfully positioned mesh panel on the back that improves air flow while you perspire, you'll look and feel fantastic while working out.
Other athleisure wear retailers
As you can see there are plenty of athleisure outfits out there for you to choose from. There are also many retailers in the UK that offer athleisure wear outfits. Have a look at these selected independent retailers:
Sign up with ForwardVia and
they’ll ship you all the sportswear you need at a low cost. The choice
to wear it for sports or for everyday wear is completely up to you. Here are the five fundamental steps that make up the complete process of signing up, shopping, and shipping to your doo stepr:
1. Create a free UK address when you sign up online. Credit cards are not necessary.
2. Purchase your favourite athleisure wear from any UK online retailer while shopping online in the UK.
3. Enter your account's delivery address as it appears on the dashboard.
4. We'll notify you when your goods arrive at our UK warehouse.
5. Select a shipping method, pay for it, and we'll deliver it to your door.
6 ideas to keep you entertained if you are stuck at home← Prev article
Buy from Car Parts Near Me or Elsewhere?Next article →
Create your free UK postal address
Shop at any UK online stores and let Forwardvia handle your international deliveryGet Started